VogelHood advises companies, associations, and foundations on legislative and regulatory uncertainty. We have the ability to shed light on the policy landscape, predict legislative and regulatory developments, and provide strategic direction regarding how to manage risk and take advantage of opportunities.
Leveraging both our unique expertise in specific policy areas, as well as a first-in-class technological platform for capturing developments across a broad range of federal and/or state-level policy areas, we provide full situational awareness and understanding of relevant policy issues that impact a business or investment.
- Competitor Evaluation and Funding Investigation: In addition to understanding the policies themselves, we also provide clients with an assessment of competitor efforts to influence these policies. Our team knows how to trace funds from publicly available documents, such as Form 990s and lobbying disclosure forms to shed light on opposition activities.
- Risk Mapping: Our risk maps of the legislative and regulatory landscape offer clients the full picture to help inform decision-making. We also compare an organization’s risks with that of their peer’s using VogelHood’s THEIA risk assessment tool.
- Due Diligence: Our unique due diligence research expertise allows us to provide support for private equity firms or corporate development teams as they explore and assess various opportunities. We can provide rapid analysis of policy and regulatory risks related to specific targets so that risks can be factored into the decision-making process.
In addition to capturing the current policy landscape, VogelHood Group uses its policy expertise and analytical tools to offer insight into the direction that policies are headed in the future. Whether it be the next 12 months, five years, or ten years out, we know how to analyze patterns of behavior, employ engagement metrics, and factor in political headwinds in order to understand what the future will bring.
- Market Assessment: VogelHood conducts in-depth assessments of government marketplaces, including examination of contracting trends, appropriations and authorization analysis, executive branch budgets, fiscal trends, and competitor mapping to help teams gain a more comprehensive view of markets across federal and/or state procurement environments. We also highlight any threats to present or future procurement markets. The goal of these assessments is to provide both short term (one to three year), mid term (three to five year), and long term (ten year) assessments.
- Bespoke Model Development: While much of our work is based on pre-existing models and pattern analysis, clients often commission bespoke or custom model development to assess issues or patterns of government behavior that have not previously been examined. Clients are able to specifically commission new models and retain exclusive rights to their use on a going forward basis.
- Policy Impact Valuation: Whether it be a change in government reimbursement schedules or the cost of compliance with new regulations, our team knows how to assess the value of the impact that a public policy will have on the bottom line of a specific company or industry.
VogelHood Group helps clients identify strategies and tactics for engaging government on specific issues while at the same time handicapping odds of success in changing outcomes. This allows companies to make informed decisions on how to deploy resources and manage expectations. When there is time for action, VogelHood’s professionals are ready to work with stakeholders to oversee the strategy’s implementation.
- Policy Strategy: Our advisors evaluate the policy ecosystem in order to develop strategic plans for taking advantage of opportunities or mitigating potential government risk.
- Media Outreach: VogelHood helps clients make their mark in the media with the development of a winning narrative and successful pitch to relevant influencers in the media.
- Coalition Management: VogelHood manages the implementation of a strategic plan by serving as a central coordinator and strategic advisor to coalitions.
Our research is built on making sense of complex data
VogelHood’s approach to research consists of treating the policy universe as a large body of data within which we can search for patterns and structures that give rise to a degree of predictability.